Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Most Amazing Coffee Table Book

This summer heat has fried my brain, and the last thing I want to do is read a serious book. So I turn to the work of comedic authors. Amoung my favorites - "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim" and "Holidays on Ice" by David Sedaris, and I am still laughing out loud from Chelsea Handler's personal encounters in "My Horizontal Life." My sister gave me the most amazing coffee table book that tops all of these - "I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence," by Amy Sedaris. Amy is the super-funny & talented sister of David Sedaris. Her book is filled with advice on hospitality, ettiquette, and even includes some recipes. I could not put the book down. It's hilarious. Warning: If you are sensitive or easily offended, this is not the book for you. Go buy it now!

No comments :

Post a Comment